Physical therapy has proven to be very helpful to heal faster. However, apart from exercises or physical therapy, a good diet will also positively help you with quick and fast recovery. A healthy diet which is free of trans-fats and preservatives, your body, particularly the injured parts, would be able to get the right nutrients needed to heal properly.
SOS PHYSIO’s Rehab physical therapist experts are here to guide you on the road to recovery! The combination of physical therapy training and good eating habits is the best way to keep you moving towards your goal. Here are some tips on the best foods to eat during the recovery process.
- Protein- It helps you to build after a physical therapy session. It includes fish, eggs, boiled chicken, meat, lentils, and soya bean in your diet and remember to eat them in an optimum amount.
- Omega-3 Fats- These essential fats plays vital role for heart and joint health, but can also work wonders when it comes to suppressing inflammation. You can get your Omega-3 fats from seeds like hemp, chia, walnuts, and flax, or from fish oil in salmon, sardines, or herring.
- Vitamin C- It is a water-soluble vitamin and helps in healing injuries by building new protein for skin, tendons, scar tissues and ligaments. Have citrus fruits, broccoli, kiwi, and peppers.
- Vitamin A- It helps in the formation of white blood cells to invade the infections present in the body. Sunflower seeds, sweet potatoes, carrots, and spinach are enriched with vitamin A.
- Vitamin E- Vitamin E is found in avocados, nuts, seeds, and dark leafy green vegetables. It plays an important role in cell repair and helps in preventing internal scarring.
- Fluids and electrolytes- After exerting yourself in physical therapy, you are most likely in a fluid deficit. Coconut water is also high in electrolytes and therefore good for rehydrating after exercise.
Use these healthy diets to get fast recovery by following our expert eating tips! SOS PHYSIO Rehab is here to help will all your fitness and recovery needs.
Physical therapy clinic Aventura, Physical therapy clinic Sunny Isles, Physical therapy clinic Hallandale, Physical therapy clinic Hollywood, Physical therapy clinic Miami, Medicare physical therapy Hallandale, Best physical therapy clinic Aventura, Right foods to eat with Physical Therapy